CLICKFORU ("Company") has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The address of the Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is listed at the end of this policy.
CLICKFORU DMCA COPYRIGHT POLICY
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringement:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Company is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by the Designated Agent:
It is Company's policy:
- To remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- To notify the content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- That repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that Company will terminate such content provider's, member's or user's access to the service.
Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent:
If you believe you are the wrongful subject of a DMCA notification, you may file a counter-notification with CLICKFORU by providing the following information to the Designated Agent at the address below:
- The specific URLs of material that CLICKFORU has removed or to which CLICKFORU has disabled access.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that the content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- A statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider's, member's or user's address is located, or if the content provider's, member's or user's address is located outside the India, for any judicial district in which Company is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement
- The following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
- Your signature.
Upon receipt of a valid counter-notification, CLICKFORU will forward it to Notifying Party who submitted the original DMCA notification. The original Notifying Party (or the copyright holder he or she represents) will then have 10 days to notify us that he or she has filed legal action relating to the allegedly infringing material. If CLICKFORU does not receive any such notification within 10 TO 14 business days, we may restore the material to the Services.
Please contact the Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement for Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.